Saturday, April 5, 2008

Run!

CHAPTER 1

I should have wrote about this a long time ago but i didn't think of it so I'm writing it now... here it goes. Me and my friend ( Ive wrote about him before) were having a sleepover at my house, we went in the woods with my BB guns shooting at birds. We were in the woods in the back of my house. We walked about a mile through when we reached this farm. Weeeeeeell the farm-house itself was still about a mile further but what we reached was no longer woods but like an open field, still part of the farm property though. We ( being twelve year olds) decided to take a closer look and see if there was any good game. We kept our distance from the farm house as we walked through the open field. "I think we should turn back", said my friend, Brandon. Were fine lets just walk a little further we took a few more steps then Brandon said "I think I hear a truck"... just then we slowly turned our heads toward the farm house and the second our heads arrived there a tractor started pulling away from the farm house... And toward us.

CHAPTER 2

"Run"! I shouted, we started running like we never ran before. Carrying our BB guns and masks we weren't as fast as we usually would have but we had to do what we had to do. We ran in the direction away from him which wasn't toward the wood but rather toward some small quiet houses that seemed like they weren't even there. Instead of fences separating there houses they had rock walls, which we jumped over as if they... like i said before, weren't even there. We ran through there yards and hoped they didn't come out yelling at us like the farmer did. Luckily nobody came out of any houses. The tractor was still coming at us. I finally made it to the woods but i turned around and came to find that i had lost Brandon! But i continued to run. I was in the woods, i jumped up an a rock and heard something that i really didn't want to..... "Stop right there!"

CHAPTER 3

Busted! was all I thought. I turned Around and walked over to him. "Nobody gave you permission to be here," he yelled ( not screamed, yelled) I still didn't know where Brandon was so all i could think to say was
" I'm sorry, Sir,". He continued blabbing on about how "if I ever see you here again I'll call the cops... nobody gave you permission to be here... blah blah blah!"

When he stopped his "ranting" or "blabbing" I waited for him to drive away on that horrifying tractor and even waited until the motor sound died down then i called in a quiet tone "Brandon", no response. "Brandon" I called A few more times, and every time a bit louder. Finally after calling his name in a yelling tone i heard a muffled sound. Again i called his name and got a clear response "Josh" we finally found each other; scared, confused, and angry. "Thanks alot, Friend." I said angrily. "Where were you?" When he finally responded he said "When we were running through those yards and jumping over those rock walls i just decided to stop and lay behind one of those rock walls." "Yah, well thanks for the help... I just got yelled at by some farmer while you were laying down in someones yard!"
"Josh," He said in a quiet, guilty voice "I forgot your Gun."

CHAPTER 4
"You what!!!" I yelled. Even louder than the farmer did. "Where?" I said in a somewhat quieter tone. "Not at the farm, but back behind the rock wall." Even though I was relieved i was still really angry. "Well you left it there so your going to get it."
"Josh," He said,
"What?"
"Ive never been so scared in my life."
"I know neither have I... but we have to get my gun back."
It took a good five minutes to find where the gun but we finally did. But the scary part of getting the gun back is that we were twenty feet from someones house! As we walked away we vowed never to go back to that farm again.

8 comments:

buddybran said...

Nice (true) Story!!

If all you people reading this say
"Oh, thats not so bad"... Well, rethink it... Because it was REALLY FREAKY!

Tanya said...

Well, I finally had time to read this. Good writing. A few spelling and punctuation errors, but since it wasn't for school, I won't mention them. I do know you learned a valuable lesson. I do wish you'd have shown a little more respect for the farmers... speech. He wasn't babbling, he was scolding you! But you know that don't you? This is one of those incidents that you'll never forget and you will end up telling your children... over and over and over! And then your grandkids. Hee hee, Imagine you and Brandon as old men in rocking chairs telling this story to your 37 great grandkids!

MusicMan said...

yeah, right!

marc said...

a comment

Hellotmf said...

Hi Josh, this is your mom's friend Tracey - that is quite a story! You are a very gifted writer for your age! Keep up the good work! :-)

MusicMan said...

Thanks a lot!

Heather_Treasure said...

Good writing.. I couldn't help but laugh, because i could just picture you two goofballs scared senseless. Anyway i have a few of those stories from when i was young..lol. Anyways, hopefully you guys were scared enough not to go back there. Farmers on tractors..seem soo..terrifying? Anyway..u never leave me comments..get to it mr.

Unknown said...

Hey, Josh, it's your mom's friend Kim. Very good writing!! And it's true? That's something.

Maybe I shouldn't tell you this...your mom will shoot me...but November is National Novel Writing Month and there is a special group for kids. Maybe you could spend your free time (not your school time!) writing a novel! I'm going to try to get my daughter Jordan to do it too--she's got a great head for stories.

Check it out: www.nanowrimo.org :D

OK, now, go do some chores or something so your mom doesn't think I'm a bad influence! :)